FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APSIVA, the leading provider of multi-channel catalog software, today announced upcoming support for Adobe InDesign CS4 starting in the first quarter of 2009.
Catsy Multi-Channel Catalog Software enables companies to centralize catalog content and streamline publishing workflow. Catsy ONEsource and PRINTsource products will fully interoperate with InDesign CS4 to make it further easy to breakdown the walls between online and offline catalog publishing.
Catsy ONEsource is the central hub that glues together pieces of product content such as items, descriptions, copy, charts and images. This approach creates a single source of all product information thus reducing the time it takes to publish and increasing accuracy of content. Catsy also handles the logistics that come into play beginning from product management and ending in the final page assembly. Catsy ONEsource offers specialized tools for merchandisers, catalog managers, copywriters, photography and designers to do their functions best.
Catsy PRINTsource makes the content extraction, styling and print publishing process fast and error free. Catsy PRINTsource integrates with ONEsource and allows the creative professionals to focus on creativity, rather than spending time in searching and gathering content. Catsy PRINTsource also makes it easy to refresh pricing and content in a catalog once it is published.
Catsy offers a variety of benefits:
• Improve content accuracy by managing content once and reusing across multiple print catalog publications and media
• Empower editorial staff by eliminating double-entry of content
• You can centralize digital assets and artwork linked with product text, descriptions, and items making it easy to locate content to design pages
• Automatically translate special-characters from print to web
• Simplify page assembly
• Create catalog pages faster than ever before with auto-styling features
• Automate price updates to catalogs
Catalog Workflow Benefits
• Save time with system based task notifications to stakeholders
• Improve efficiencies with workflow that can be configured to your production
• Eliminate errors with end-to-end catalog planning and publishing workflow
• Generate status reports to identify pending tasks
• Empower merchandising with easier product selection process
• Migrate merchandising to a fully digital process for catalog page planning with catalog planning whiteboard
• Simplify your processes with an easy to use, electronic process
• Fully integrate your internal or external photography into publishing workflow
• Run reports to find missing images
• Automate conversion of images from hi-rez to low-rez
• Automate thumbnail creation